NCDOT Schedules Closure At Shamrock Road In Cabarrus County
Posted 11/3/2014 8:57:16 AM
Closure is part of Pharr Mill rail grade separation project
CHARLOTTE –As work progresses on the Pharr Mill Road grade separation project in Harrisburg, the N.C. Department of Transportation will permanently close Shamrock Road at N.C. 49 Friday, Nov. 7, weather permitting. This project is part of NCDOT’s Piedmont Improvement Program, a series of railroad and highway enhancement jobs aimed to improve safety, spur job growth and improve connectivity between Raleigh and Charlotte, as well the communities in between.
Some highlights of the Pharr Mill grade separation project include:
· Building a new bridge and roadway connecting Pharr Mill Road to Blackwelder Road over the North Carolina Railroad;
· Closing the existing crossing at Shamrock Road;
· Providing an extension of Saddle Creek Court to create a new railroad crossing with the North Carolina Railroad, improving access to N.C. 49 for truck traffic;
· Providing ramp access to and from Blackwelder and Pharr Mill Roads to N.C. 49;
· Providing improvements to Mulberry Road; and
· Providing alternate emergency access to the Saddle Creek Industrial Park through a gate at existing Shamrock Road and Saddle Creek Court.
Construction on the $5.6 million grade separation started in September and is scheduled for completion in the fall of 2015.
For real-time travel information at any time, call 511, visit the NCDOT traffic website or follow NCDOT on Twitter. Another option is NCDOT Mobile, a phone-friendly version of the NCDOT website.
For more information, please contact the resident engineer at (704) 845-1151.
View on NCDOT.gov